The Ordinance 678, of 12/09/2022, changes the rules for the entry of travellers in Brazil. From now on, travellers can choose to present proof of vaccination or negative test for Covid-19.
Brazilians and foreigners must present:
- Proof of complete vaccination against Covid-19;
- The document proving a negative or non-detectable test for Covid-19, such as an antigen test or RT-PCR laboratory, performed one day before the moment of boarding.
Rules applicable to children
Children under 12 years of age are exempted from presenting proof of vaccination or test;
Children aged 12 years and over are eligible to present proof of vaccination or a negative test for Covid-19.
Information about the Proof of Vaccination:
- Must be printed or presented electronically (proofs that are exclusively in QR-CODE format will not be accepted);
- Must contain the name of the traveller, the commercial name or name of the vaccine manufacturer, the number(s) of the lot(s) of the applied dose(s) and the date(s) of application of the dose(s);
- Vaccines approved by Anvisa, the World Health Organization (WHO) or the authority of the country in which the traveller was immunized are valid;
- The application of the single dose or the last dose of the primary vaccination schedule must have occurred at least 14 days before the date of departure.
* Documents issued abroad must be presented in Portuguese, Spanish or English.