The Interministerial Ordinance 670/22 establishes the new policy for the international transit of travelers, considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It is mandatory to present proof of complete immunization for all individuals eligible for vaccination and who intend to enter Brazil.
a) A traveler who has completed the primary vaccination schedule (two doses or a single dose, according to the immunizer) is considered to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before the date of departure. Vaccines approved by Anvisa, the World Health Organization (WHO) or the authorities of the country where the traveler was immunized are allowed.
- Travelers not fully vaccinated, since they are Brazilians or foreigners residing in Brazilian territory; those with a health condition that contraindicates vaccination (attested by a medical report); those not eligible for vaccination due to age; or coming from countries with low vaccination coverage: must present to the airline, before boarding, document of test for COVID-19, with a negative or non-detectable result, such as an antigen test or RT-PCR laboratory performed one day before the moment of boarding.
- Foreigners who are not fully vaccinated are not allowed to enter the national territory (with exceptions).
- Filling in the DSV (Traveler's Health Declaration) is no longer necessary.
- Vaccinated children are covered by the general rules of the ordinance.
- Unvaccinated children:
a) Under the age of 12, who are traveling accompanied, are exempt from presenting tests to screen for infection Covid-19, provided that all companions present documents with negative or undetectable results , laboratory-type RT-PCR or antigen test, performed up to one day before departure/entry into the country.
b) Aged between 2 and 12 years, who are traveling unaccompanied, must present a document with a negative or non-detectable result, of the laboratory type RT-PCR or antigen test, carried out up to one day before the moment of departure/entry into the country.
c) Children under 2 years old do not need to submit tests.